We have a highly expert IT Services team based in both the US and UK, who are responsible for designing, building and maintaining the company’s IT infrastructure as part of the wider Company DevOps team, which provides tools and infrastructure to support the company.
Our Helpdesk Analysts act as the first point of contact for trouble reports and change requests from all levels of the organization. The role is extremely varied – a typical day might include
- helping an executive assistant set up an online meeting for the CEO
- installing a PC for a new starter
- creating a new virtual machine for a developer
- troubleshooting a problem preventing a senior executive from accessing their email
- helping a home worker over the telephone with a VPN access problem
and much more besides.
After an initial training period, your duties will include
- handling on-boarding processes, including installing PCs, for new starters in the Americas
- manning our email and telephone Helpdesk during business hours
- promptly implementing change requests and troubleshooting problems for users at all levels of the company
- identifying more complex problems and escalating them to the appropriate subject matter expert on the wider DevOps team.
As your experience and capabilities grow, we’ll expect you to take on more complex change requests and work through deeper or more involved problems from start to end, with support from the rest of the team.
The role will be full-time and the hours of work are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm, with one hour for lunch each day.
For this position, we are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who
- has a strong academic record (a strong GPA score and a good degree)
- is a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- has a genuine passion for IT and technology
- is keen to learn and integrate quickly into our team and make a contribution
- is highly organised and possesses good time management skills.
Technical experience with the following would be an advantage, but is not required as full training will be provided.
- Microsoft Windows 10 and Office applications
- Apple Macs
- VoIP telephony
- Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 and Office 365 administration
- VMware vSphere administration
The successful candidate will be based in our Alameda, CA office, with occasional travel to our Los Altos, CA location as well.
Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
The company is privately owned partly by top-tier investment firms Francisco Partners and Sequoia Capital, and partly by the Employee Benefit Trust (EBT) which provides a performance related bonus plan, equitably rewarding employees for their contribution and encouraging long-term commitment. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
In addition, all employees receive the following benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organization - along with one or two specials of our own.
- We provide excellent retirement benefits (10% of salary contributed by the company into your retirement fund), short and long-term disability insurance, private medical and dental schemes.
- Employees receive four weeks of paid vacation, as well as public holidays.
In terms of personal development, we offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and successful company. Despite being established for over 30 years, we are a young, dynamic organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, please send a
- comprehensive resume
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions, please contact Megan Hogan at the same address or on 415.513.1500.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer AA M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.