JOB DESCRIPTION – Senior Analyst FP&A (Sales)
The FP&A Role supporting Sales Organization
This is a key management role within the Finance organization of Metaswitch Networks. The Senior Analyst will work closely with the CSO and the Sales organization as their business partner. Responsibilities will include financial planning and analysis, bookings, forecasting and reporting sales performance and metrics to the Sales and the executive team. This person will work closely with the CSO as well as the CFO developing and reporting on bookings, metrics and KPI’s, over sight of budgets, cost allocations and finance support for the sales organization as well as assisting in the recognized revenue calculations. Once a quarter the Senior Analyst will assist in preparing slides for Board of Director meetings.
- Financial Support of Sales
- Responsible for all aspects of budgeting and financial planning and analysis on both an annual, quarterly and monthly basis for the sales organization
- Quarterly forecasting in Adaptive Planning
- Generate and distribute monthly expenditure report with variance analysis to CSO and head of Business Development
- Responsible for commission planning and target proofing on quarterly basis; develop compensation plan documents throughout the year
- Business partnering with the Sales and Business Development functions; work with CSO and Sales Operations to produce quarterly board financial reporting packages for Sales organization
- Collaborate with head of Sales Operations and regional sales leaders to develop quarterly bookings forecast to help drive revenue forecast accuracy
- Develop and report on a broad range of metrics to help drive the Company’s sales performance and investment decisions.
- Coordinate with Controller on collection and invoicing issues
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and results-oriented financial analyst with demonstrated analytical and communication skills. 2-5 years public or private company experience in the high tech industry. Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment is critical. Experience as an analyst in FP&A supporting the sales organization is a plus.
The successful candidate will be based in our Los Altos, CA office. May need to travel to corporate headquarters in London and to Sales meetings.
For this position, we are offering a competitive starting package depending on experience.
Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
The company is privately owned partly by top-tier investment firms Francisco Partners and Sequoia Capital, and partly by the Employee Benefit Trust (EBT).
- a performance related bonus plan, equitably rewarding employees for their contribution and encouraging long-term commitment
- an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
In addition, all employees receive the following benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organization – along with one or two specials of our own.
- We provide excellent retirement benefits (a sum equal to 10% of salary contributed by the company into your retirement fund - no employee contribution required), short and long-term disability insurance, private medical and dental plans.
- Employees receive three weeks’ paid vacation in the first 12 months, as well as public holidays.
- Employees have the ability to buy up to two more weeks' vacation after one year’s service.
- We have team and office morale events with a very generous budget. Activities can vary from drinks, bowling or go-karting with your team mates, to a day or weekend away with a larger group.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for over 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. Initially, you will be asked to take part in a short telephone interview. You will then normally be asked to come for two visits.
The first will be an interview at our Los Altos office where you will meet with team members and senior management. If you are successful, we will invite you back for a full day where you will have the opportunity to meet more people and complete a number of further exercises to assess your suitability for the role.
To apply for this position, please send a
- comprehensive resume
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions please contact Danielle Yaeger at the same address or on 415-513-1500.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.