The Network Engineer role at Metaswitch
As a software company leading the Network Functions Virtualization drive for our telephone service provider customers, we have a large and complex network, linking 10 offices across the globe and providing network connectivity to 8 datacentres, on- and off-site.
We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our IT infrastructure team, based in Enfield (North London), where your responsibilities (under the guidance of our Network Manager) will include
- monitoring and maintaining our wired and wireless LAN to ensure it delivers the reliable performance expected by our demanding internal customers
- monitoring our WAN and VPN links and troubleshooting issues as they arise
- upgrading existing equipment and installing brand new services to keep us at the cutting edge of technology
- meeting with all levels of internal staff to discuss project requirements
- working with our server and virtualisation teams on larger projects
- acting as an escalation point for network issues raised through our Helpdesk.
For this position, we need someone who has some, or all, of the following.
- Good A-Levels and, ideally, a degree
- Experience working with Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches, ISR and ASR routers
- Solid understanding of network technologies, including
- Spanning Tree
- first-hop redundancy protocols (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP etc.)
- routing protocols (OSPF, OSPFv3, BGP etc.)
- security technologies (802.1X, IP Source Guard, ARP inspection, IPv6 snooping etc.)Cisco certification to CCNA level or better would be an advantage.
For this role, we will offer a competitive market salary to ensure that we attract candidates of exceptional quality. Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organization - along with one or two specials of our own, including team and office morale events with a very generous budget. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for over 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The first stage will involve a telephone interview with the hiring manager to assess your suitability to the role. The next stage will be an interview at our Enfield (North London) Office when you will be asked to complete a short exercise, and have interviews with senior members of the team.
To apply for this position, please send a
- comprehensive CV (including all academic grades)
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.