The Customer Support team
Metaswitch's customer base in the Caribbean and Latin America (CALA) continues to grow rapidly, and we are looking for an exceptionally talented Program Director to join our expanding CALA Customer Support team and program manage our largest and most strategic customer group in CALA. The successful applicant will report directly to the VP of International Support.
The Customer Support team has played a key role in the successful deployment of Metaswitch equipment to provide next generation voice services in over 700 carriers’ networks. Our customers have consistently reported the exceptional quality of Metaswitch’s customer support as one of our key differentiators.
The team is comprised of a combination of
- industry veterans with a vast range of experience in support
- engineers that previously worked in the product development team and in many cases wrote the software that they are now supporting.
The Customer Support team works closely with our customer base to assist them with design, implementation and troubleshooting of deployments involving a wide range of Metaswitch and partner products.
After an initial training period, the successful candidate will take full responsibility for the program management of our engagement with our most strategic customer group in CALA. This involves coordination of all Metaswitch resources to ensure the successful delivery of projects, driving a growing program of future business.
Duties include the following.
- Be aware of overall account strategy and ensure that our team executes in a manner that drives future sales with the customer.
- Act as the Metaswitch team lead keeping the Sales, Sales Engineering & Customer Support teams aligned and engaged in supporting the customer – facilitate internal communication.
- Provide day-to-day management of resource supporting the current deployment and all projects planned or in-flight. Coordinate internal Metaswitch resources to deliver on this program within agreed budgets.
- Push regular communications to the customer to keep them informed of Metaswitch activities. Take ownership of the governance of projects.
- Think holistically about each of your accounts – strive to sniff out issues before they become problems. Think outside of the box and always keep long term strategy in mind.
- Keep your customers happy – build strong working relationships.
- Lead the team – take responsibility for the development of your reports and provide oversight and guidance to the broader team.
Qualifications and Experience
For this position, we need someone who has
- a strong record of working in the Telecoms industry, preferably in a technical support/program management capacity
- existing, strong relationships within the AMX group of companies, and in particular with Telcel and Telmex in Mexico
- strong aptitude and experience in leading teams
- an objective, analytical approach to clarifying issues and making decisions
- an aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- strong technical skills and interest in the underlying technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate will reside in Mexico City and be available for regular meetings at customer premises, both in Mexico City and also around the Latin American region.
Our packages are above the normal range to ensure that we attract candidates of exceptional quality. We will offer a very competitive starting package depending on the qualifications and experience of the person appointed.
The company is privately owned partly by top-tier investment firms Francisco Partners and Sequoia Capital, and partly by the Employee Benefit Trust (EBT) which provides a performance related bonus plan, equitably rewarding employees for their contribution and encouraging long-term commitment. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
In addition, all employees receive the following benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organization - along with one or two specials of our own.
- We provide excellent retirement benefits (10% of salary contributed by the company into your retirement fund), short and long-term disability insurance, private medical and dental schemes.
- Employees receive three weeks paid holiday in the first 12 months, rising to four weeks paid holiday (pro-rata) for the second and subsequent years, as well as public holidays.
- We have team and office morale events with a very generous budget. Activities can vary from drinks, bowling or go-karting with your team mates, to a day or weekend away with a larger group.
In terms of personal development, we offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for 30 years, we are a young, dynamic organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
Firstly you will have a telephone interview with one of the managers in our Customer Support Team. This will give you an opportunity to find out more about the role and find out whether you are suited to Metaswitch. If successful, you will then normally be asked to come for in to one of our offices for an interview.
To apply for this position, please send a
- comprehensive resume
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions please contact Megan Hogan at the same address or on 415-513-1500.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer AA M/F/Veteran/Disability.