The Administrative Assistant role
Metaswitch, the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, is seeking an Administrative Assistant at their office in Edinburgh. You will be working alongside the current Office Manager to support the local Executive, providing high-level and varied Administrative support.
Our ideal candidate is a sharp go-getter with excellent organisation and communication skills. We are looking for someone that works well independently with initiative, discretion, and confidence. You relish in the details and will be responsible for general office management, booking travel and accommodation, managing calendars and even have the opportunity to get involved with recruitment activities. This is a great opportunity for someone that is looking to expand their repertoire of administrative skills with an agile and growing company.
Responsibilities will include the following.
- Answering telephone calls and forwarding to the appropriate individuals
- Extensive travel and accommodation organisation
- Provide PA Support to the local Executive
- Booking rooms for meetings and conferences
- Checking invoices before passing to the finance team
- Overseeing general office management
- Maintaining stocks in the office tea room
- Organising office morale events (recent ones including a day at the races and a spa day, and a Christmas party at Edinburgh castle)
- Assistance with the administration of applications and running interview sessions to assist the Recruitment team
- Liaising with other Administrators in the global team and supporting each other, if necessary, during period of absence
- Meet and greet visitors to the Edinburgh office
- Manage calendar activity, including sorting, prioritising and scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Manage the day to day administration of the office, including managing vendor relationships, and serving as the point of contact for office needs.
We are looking for someone talented and motivated, to take on this role. To be successful you will
- have experience in a similar administrative position
- be a competent user of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- feel confident managing calendars
- be bright, articulate and confident
- be able to juggle many tasks at once and prioritise accordingly
- have a keen eye for detail
- have a positive, forward-thinking attitude
- be able to work on your own and as part of a team
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The first stage will involve a telephone interview with the hiring manager to assess your suitability to the role. The next stage will be an interview at our Edinburgh office where you will have interviews with members of the team.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.