The Agile Test Lead role
Metaswitch uses cutting edge development approaches to deliver mission critical telecoms infrastructure to the world’s largest network operators. Agile software development practices and cloud native architecture principles are in our DNA.
Our Agile Test Leads form part of small, cross-discipline agile development teams. They ensure that our products meet our customers’ exacting standards.
- They execute testing themselves and act as testing experts within our teams, mentoring other team members on test practices and theory.
- They use and champion modern testing approaches, including both manual, and automation assisted testing, and techniques including RST/Context driven testing, session based testing, or paired testing as appropriate for the task at hand.
- They help the team to deliver high quality software releases, frequently and efficiently – seeking to automate testing where appropriate.
- They work with other testers to share knowledge, experience and ideas and build better testing across the company.
We believe that being a Test Lead is a highly challenging, and intellectually demanding activity that requires a creative and inquisitive mind, a high level of technical aptitude and good judgement.
We are looking for people who love testing, love working with new technology, and will thrive in an environment that gives them as much responsibility as they are ready to take on.
This is a full time role is based in either our North London or Edinburgh offices.
You will be responsible for the following.
- Leading the testing that happens within an agile team – defining test strategies, executing testing, and proactively acting on the results.
- Undertaking most of the testing within the team, but also working alongside and mentoring other testers when needed.
- Working with the team to maximise the speed and quality of their work.
You will also be part of a wider cross team ‘guild’ of Testers, which provides training, cross-team collaboration between Testers and the opportunity to influence testing practices across the organisation.
For this position, we need someone who has the following.
- Good A-levels and a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive experience in software testing in any field.
- Experience of defining test plans or strategies for complex software products.
- Coding/scripting experience – ideally including writing automated tests in python.
The following would also be highly advantageous.
- Experience of mentoring or training of other testers.
- Experience of context driven testing, rapid software testing, or other modern testing approaches.
- Linux and IP Networking familiarity.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
First, we’ll ask you to have a telephone interview with the hiring manager. We’ll then ask you to visit one of our offices to complete assessments and have interviews with members of the team. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and Metaswitch. It’s a big decision for both of us.
To apply for this position, please send a
- CV (including all academic grades)
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.