Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud-native communications software company. The company develops commercial and open-source software solutions that are constructively disrupting the way that service provides build, scale, innovate and account for communication services. Metaswitch’s award-winning solutions are powering more than 1,000 service providers in today’s global and rapidly changing communications marketplace.
We are looking for a talented attorney to serve as the Commercial Legal Counsel in our Enfield office. In this role, you will work directly with the sales operations and procurement teams on structuring, drafting, and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts and license agreements, and will work with the finance and the product teams in providing day-to-day and strategic advice on a broad range of corporate and regulatory matters across multiple jurisdictions.
The successful candidate must be a team player who enjoys building cross-functional relationships and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The Metaswitch legal team is a trusted partner to the business, and our work is stimulating and exciting. This role reports directly to the Head of Legal and will be based in Enfield.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Draft and negotiate wide variety of customer and procurement contracts, including outbound and inbound licensing agreements, reseller and distribution agreements, master services agreements, master supply agreements, and cloud services and SaaS agreements
- Provide clear, consistent and practical advice on contracts
- Advise on a wide range of corporate legal processes including regulatory compliance, corporate transactions, and contracts
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues
- Interface externally with outside counsel and customer and vendor legal teams and internally with sales, sales operations, procurement and finance teams in negotiation of agreements
- Ensure compliance with Metaswitch business practices, policies, procedures and law
- Identify and evaluate risks across multiple jurisdictions, and work with in-house legal team to escalate key risks and contract issues and suggest alternative terms/mitigation
For this position, we are looking for the following:
- Fully qualified lawyer in the U.K.
- Post-qualification legal experience in an international law firm or in-house
- Excellent English-language skills (written and oral)
- Team player and consensus-builder with great people skills who can facilitate clear and open communication at all levels of the organization and can build relationships with both customers and internal business clients
- High degree of initiative and decisiveness
- Someone who can close deals
- Strong legal and business judgement even in ambiguous situations and ability to think outside the box
- In-house experience at a technology company or in a private practice technology group with strong transactional background in structuring, negotiating, and drafting software licensing agreements
- Experience negotiating U.S. law contracts preferred but not required
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, juggle multiple projects with contending priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change in a dynamic environment
- Collaborative approach to contract negotiations
- Experience on advising on data privacy and protection, including GDPR, and/or telecommunications preferred but not required
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The first stage will involve a telephone interview with the hiring manager to assess your suitability to the role. The next stage will be an interview at our North London offices where you will meet members of the team.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.