We are looking to recruit an experienced contract negotiator to join our Sales Ops Contracts team. This is a high-profile position within our Sales organization, reporting to VP-level and with regular exposure to senior executives. This role is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, team-orientated, pragmatic and results-oriented person.
Sales Ops Contracts at Metaswitch has a broad remit to support our global sales team by leading the negotiation of sell-side contracts with network operators across EMEA, US and Canada, CALA and APAC. The successful candidate will join a small and supportive team at the heart of the business providing the link between frontline Sales our in-house Legal and Finance teams, as well as coordinating with our Supplier Management, Professional Services, Customer Care and Product Line Management teams.
This is a period of rapid change in the industry both of technology and revenue models, which means that the successful candidate will have plenty of interesting opportunities and real scope to shape the way we do business as we grow.
The role will be based at our head office in Enfield, North London, and require some travel to customer sites or other Metaswitch offices in the UK and overseas.
This full-time role will include the following duties:
- Preparation and review of sell-side contracts for our global sales team, with support from our in-house Legal, Finance and business delivery teams
- Leading commercial discussions within Metaswitch around the risks and costs associated with specific contract terms and deal structures
- Negotiation and closure of sell-side contracts with network operators in EMEA, US and Canada, CALA and APAC, with support from our in-house Legal team
- Providing contract-related support and advice to frontline Sales, Sales Ops, Professional Services, Customer Care and Finance teams
- Participating in forecasting, revenue and deal review discussions with Sales leadership and senior executives
- Contributing to cross-functional discussions with Sales, Product Line Management, business delivery, Legal and Finance teams about new products and revenue models
- Supporting continual improvement and innovation to our contract process and standard contract templates, and to the overall effectiveness of the Sales Ops function.
Qualifications / Experience
For this position, we need someone who has the following:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of contract negotiation in the telecoms, software or a closely related sector, including negotiating and closing $1m+ contracts
- Good understanding of contractual documents, especially software licensing and services agreements
- Good practical understanding of English/US contract law, some experience of other legal systems would be an advantage
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience of key sales and finance metrics, and a working knowledge of revenue recognition principles
- Strong ability to communicate and work effectively with cross-functional teams and at a senior executive level
- English language fluency is essential, other language skills would be an advantage
- Degree-level education
Our packages are competitive to ensure that we attract candidates of exceptional quality. For this role, we are offering a competitive starting package which will depend upon the experience of the successful candidate. Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package (this may vary from different location), which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organisation - along with one or two specials of our own, including private medical cover, pension and life assurance. The company operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company. We also have team and office morale events with a generous budget.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for over 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast-growing organisation with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, submit your CV (including all academic grades) and a covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role.
If you have questions please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.