The Professional Services Team
Metaswitch is growing our Professional Services team, and we are looking for an exceptionally talented Professional Services Manager to join the team with a focus on managing contractors to deliver key on committed Services work in the EMEA region. This is a role with high visibility within Metaswitch to deliver on key accounts.
The Professional Services team deploys Metaswitch and partner products to provide the next generation voice services in over 1000 carriers’ networks. Our customers have consistently reported the exceptional quality of Metaswitch’s delivery and ongoing customer support as one of our key differentiators.
Our vision is to deliver successful Network and Service Transformation programs profitably, predictably and with high expertise.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Primarily own and deliver Core Network design services, commissioning and migrations to Telecom’s providers in EMEA. The Technical Lead is responsible for day to day management and task allocation of engineers and contractors on the project.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Metaswitch function leaders including product, engineering, support and sales team. Establish relationship, credibility and authority with the customer technical team and management.
- Understand project scope and initiate Change Requests, when required.
- Support pre-sales processes, including working with Sales Engineers to estimate future services work in RFPs.
- Leadership and drive; Develop and implement process, tool, training and method improvements to increase team efficiency.
The ideal candidate will offer the following skills.
- Experience in a Professional Services delivery team working in Telecoms.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science, business or telecommunications discipline.
- The ideal candidate will have experience on installation, commissioning, integration, acceptance testing, troubleshooting and O&M of VoIP/IMS/VoLTE networks.
- An ability to absorb and understand technical information about the industry, the technology and the products being deployed.
- Superlative organizational skills, able to manage multiple time-critical projects in parallel keeping track of all deliverables, outstanding issues and risks.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage at senior levels both internally and externally and influence decision makers to ensure project delivery.
- Results oriented attitude - able to analyze problems and take a logical, objective, orderly approach to organizing work, making decisions and planning actions.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team setting with colleagues and customers to achieve project goals.
The role will be based in Enfield, UK, where the engineer team is based. It will require very occasional travel within Europe, Middle East and Africa, (approximately once per month).
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The first stage will involve a telephone interview with the hiring manager to assess your suitability to the role. The next stage will be an interview at one of our Metaswitch offices where you will be asked to complete some short exercises and have interviews with senior members of the team.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.