The Global Deals Desk Manager role
The Metaswitch Sales Operations team is a vital part of the overall Metaswitch organisation. The team plays a key role in delivering the company’s vision to power the transition of communication networks into a cloud-based, software-centric, all-IP future.
The Sales Operations team covers a broad area of services for the Sales & Professional Services teams:
- Deals Desk & Pricing
- Commercial Contracts
- Order Validation & Entry
- CRM, BI, ERP & Other Sales enablement platforms
- Field Sales Support
- Forecasting, Sales Strategy & Planning
The team is growing to meet the needs of the business, so we are now looking for an experienced Manager to head up the Deal Desk function in our Commercial Operations team. This position is critical and highly visible within the organization.
As the Deal Desk Manager, you will be accountable to maximize revenue by collaborating with the sales team to structure profitable and compliant proposals for our clients. You will drive & partner with cross-functional teams to analyse both external & internal data to influence pricing and discount practices with a goal to improve overall sales and gross margin.
- In this role you will be a strategic advisor to sales and the business on all aspects of deal strategy. You will work cross functionally with Sales, Finance, Customer Success, Legal, Sales Operations, and Product to ensure that informed business decisions are being made.
- Guide sales teams in the deal flow process and ensure smooth handoffs to Contracts and Billing
- Analyse deal structure, business terms, and pricing and impacts to optimize profitability, meet strategic corporate goals, and accelerate deal closure
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Product, and Legal) to ensure that all deals align with corporate strategies and guidelines
- Provide business analytics as required
- Develop Deal Desk standards, measure, and report on deal profitability
- Evaluate current processes and offer recommendations for areas of improvement including the definition of new business models, strategies, and processes relating to Metaswitch’s Sales and GTM strategies.
- Expertise in complex technology deal structures along with cross-functional awareness of Legal, PLM, Procurement, Finance (revenue recognition) and IT
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- A quantitative degree qualification
- A very strong attention to detail and ability to follow processes quickly and accurately
- Effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- An ability and aptitude for interaction with a global sales force, in many cases over different time zones
- Elevated level of accountability, proven ability to take ownership and solve problems.
- Dedication to excellent client service
- Self-motivation, able to work independently as well as contribute to the broader organization
- Ability to handle tough conversations and drive consensus on complex and difficult subjects
- Comfort communicating with Executive level decision makers
- Ability to manage multiple deals and tasks simultaneously and experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills and experience with profitability analysis and pricing strategy
- Experience with Salesforce and financial modelling in Excel
- Experience up to or at Manager level but with a strong ambition to grow to Director level
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The first stage will involve a telephone interview with the hiring manager to assess your suitability to the role. The next stage will be an interview at one of our Metaswitch offices where you will be asked to complete some short exercises and have interviews with senior members of the team.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.