Metaswitch is one of the world’s leading communications software companies. Our award-winning solutions power the networks for over 1,000 service provider and mobile operators.
We are seeking a HR Officer to join our dynamic and energetic HR team of 14 who support over 800 employees located across the globe.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior HR Officer and will be based in our UK HQ in North London.
Our HR team are passionate about what we do. We aim continually to improve our processes using innovative HR practices, adding value to the business – and constantly working towards our overall goal of ‘making Metaswitch an awesome place to work’.
You’ll be an integral part of our team and we’re looking for you to make a real difference from day one! Your key responsibilities will include the following.
Managing the employee lifecycle in EMEA and APAC
- Onboarding and offboarding administration, including working with our in-house Legal team and local counsel as appropriate to ensure we’re compliant and following local best practise.
International Secondments – EMEA and APAC
- Working with line managers on our secondment process, working with local counsel to obtain visas, producing terms and conditions for various global locations and supporting the employees with the practicalities of moving abroad.
- Responding to and advising employees and line managers following requests for variations to terms and conditions, including family leave and sabbatical requests, and administering the necessary related paperwork and system updates.
Summer Intern Programme
- Working with the Senior HR Officer to manage our annual summer intern programme, including the onboarding and offboarding for ~50 UK Interns, as well as specific events such as training events – and our Intern Sports Day!
First point of contact for all HR questions for EMEA and APAC employees and managers
- We operate a responsive ‘HR Helpdesk’. You will be the first point of contact for these questions, responding and working with the Senior HR Officer and our in-house Legal team as appropriate.
We regularly work on other projects, so you will also have the opportunity to work on a range of HR topics.
We are looking for a talented, motivated and fun team player to contribute to the overall success of our team!
You will have the following.
- A degree in any discipline
- Previous experience within a HR environment (e.g. HR Administrator or similar role)
- Experience of a wide range of HR tasks, including onboarding and contract administration
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Exceptionally strong organisational and administrative skills with outstanding attention to detail
- A willingness to learn and to take on additional responsibility over time
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage the day to day tasks, as well as projects
- A creative outlook – seeking out and recommending new ideas and ways of doing things.
It also would be great if you
- are CIPD qualified or are willing to work towards it
- have experience of providing HR support to an international workforce
- Competitive market salary
- Benefits including bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, permanent health insurance plus a flexible holiday policy.
- Team morale events – previous events have included weekends away to Amsterdam and Budapest
- End of year party – previous venues have included Harry Potter World, Madame Tussauds and the Natural History Museum
- Regular inter-office competitions such as ‘Bake Off’, Sports Day and the annual Quiz Night!
In terms of personal development, we offer the opportunity to do an interesting and challenging job in a well-managed and successful company. We’re a dynamic organisation with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our employee retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
First, you’ll have a telephone interview with our Head of HR. This will give you an opportunity to find out more about the role and Metaswitch. If you’re successful, we’ll then ask you to visit our Enfield Office for a face to face interview and to meet your new team! We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role, the team and Metaswitch. It’s a big decision for both of us!
To apply for this position, please send a
- CV (including all academic grades)
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role along with your salary expectations.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.