The IT Services Technical Lead / Senior Analyst role
Metaswitch, the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, is seeking a Service Desk Technical Lead / Senior Analyst with strong scripting (PowerShell / Python) skills to join our team in Enfield (north London). You will be a key member of the service desk team, owning tickets from triage to resolution as well as acting as internal escalation point for technically complex issues and mentoring other analysts to develop their skills. You will also cast a critical eye over existing processes and repetitive tasks and devise ways to script or automate them, improving consistency and reducing time to resolution.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment with exposure to the latest technologies with great opportunities to build your technical knowledge and expertise in a wide range of areas, including
- Microsoft Windows 10 deployment, administration and troubleshooting
- Active Directory onboarding / offboarding and administration, including DNS and DHCP
- Office 365 (Azure AD, Exchange, SharePoint) administration
- VMware vSphere deployment and administration
- Red Hat and Ubuntu Linux deployment and configuration
- Dell client and server hardware deployment, monitoring and maintenance
- Cisco network switch and router administration and management.
We are looking for proactive individuals who can learn fast and have a desire to share their knowledge by coaching others. You will need the following to be considered:
- Extensive experience in an IT support role
- Expert-level knowledge of Windows 7/10, Office 2016 and modern web browsers
- Experience working with Microsoft server systems and Office 365
- First-rate troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrable scripting abilities
- Strong communication skills
Familiarity with the other technologies mentioned above would be an advantage. In return, we offer an extensive benefits package (including private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and a non-contributory pension scheme), nine-monthly performance and salary reviews (with an additional review three months after you join) and great opportunities to broaden your skill-set.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
First, we’ll ask you to have a telephone interview with the hiring manager. We’ll then ask you to visit our Enfield Office to complete assessments and have interviews with members of the team. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and Metaswitch. It’s a big decision for both of us.
To apply for this position, please send a
- CV (including all academic grades)
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.