The Junior Software Engineer role
We are looking to recruit a junior software engineer into our DevOps team to support and extend our in-house developed Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ) tools that our worldwide sales team use to configure deals with our customers. This is a full-time role based in our corporate head office in Enfield, North London.
After an initial training and ramp-up period, the successful candidate will be responsible for
- Designing and implementing enhancements to our CPQ tools based on requirements provided by our product management team.
- Extending and maintaining our CPQ test suites.
- Providing technical support for our CPQ tools to our sales team.
- Writing supporting documentation and training material.
For this position, we need a graduate (in any discipline) who
- has extensive experience in Excel, including
- advanced formulae
- conditional formatting
- forms and activeX controls
- VBA programming and debugging
- VBA SQL calls and datasets
- is proficient in standard software development practices including design, code and testing
Experience in some of the following areas would be an advantage, but are not mandatory.
- Java, Visual Basic or other high level programming languages
- Visual Studio
- SQL Server
- CPQ systems.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
First, we’ll ask you to have a telephone interview with the hiring manager. We’ll then ask you to visit our Enfield Office to complete assessments and have interviews with members of the team. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and Metaswitch. It’s a big decision for both of us.
To apply for this position, please send a
- CV (including all academic grades)
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.