At Metaswitch, as one of the world leaders in unified communications, we develop software products and solutions that underpin the service platforms of today and tomorrow. Our cloud-native virtual network functions are designed from the ground up to run on commodity hardware in private, public and hybrid clouds. This software powers the voice, data and unified communications services of fixed, mobile and converged operators worldwide.
Role title: Professional Service Manager
Role location: North America (office or home based)
Role description: Lead a technical team to design, deploy, and integrate our products into our key strategic and major customers’ networks
As a Professional Services Manager you will:
- Provide technical leadership to your team and to the account teams for their customers.
- Support and mentor your team of PSEs managing their development
- Assign the correct resource with the right skill level to each project ensuring its success.
- Monitor and tracking that success and adapting as required.
- Create development plans for the team to meet the future demands of our customers, while maintaining the status quo.
- Provide input to the regional resource plan.
- Motivate the team to maximize efficiency and meeting our billable utilization targets each quarter.
- Work with the Project Managers to prioritize activities and maximize revenue recognition.
- Communicate effectively with your team and anticipate escalations, working with PMs and Sales to untangle difficult situations.
- Work as the technical authority and technical leader for the PSE team in front of customers.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
- A high degree of commercial acumen, able to support the Program Management team and Account Managers in achieving bookings and revenue objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science, business, or telecommunications discipline.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following:
- Leading a team through significant change.
- Managing a portfolio of customers/projects in excess of $10M annually.
- Escalation mitigation strategies.
- Balanced technical ability with team development to ensure happy customers.
- Proven to motivate career development amongst team members.
So, if you are an experienced professional individual with knowledge in the areas above and a desire to join an established organisation, who are shaping the way we communicate in the future, we would love to hear from you.