The Professional Services team
Metaswitch is pioneering advancements in the 5G and cloud native revolution. We make the future vision of the telecommunications industry possible. Join the team and make a difference!
Metaswitch Professional Services plays a key role in the successful deployment of our voice and data telecommunications solutions in over 700 carriers’ networks. Metaswitch solutions deliver customer business value across voice, data, and unified communications services.
Metaswitch Professional Services is growing our team! We are looking for exceptionally talented Program Managers to manage key accounts. Program Managers drive solution delivery, cultivate ongoing customer engagement and success, and foster champions within the customer ecosystem. Program Managers work alongside colleagues to deliver industry leading solutions to empower the customer to meet their challenging business needs. Metaswitch Professional Services works closely with our customers to design, implement, and troubleshoot deployments involving a wide range of Metaswitch and partner products. Metaswitch Professional Services is comprised of a combination of industry veterans with a vast range of experience in professional services and telecom solutions and engineers skilled in implementing and customizing our solutions, many of whom contributed as active members of our development team.
After an initial training period, the Program Manager will take full responsibility for the program management of our engagements within their customer portfolio. This involves coordination of all Metaswitch resources to ensure the on-time, on-budget delivery of projects, driving a growing program of future business.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience including the following.
- Planning and leading software and hardware implementations in customer environments.
- Building stakeholders into champions, identifying value, and driving ongoing engagement.
- Architecting solutions to meet evolving customer business needs.
- Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Managing and motivating a team across geographies and reporting lines in a growing company.
- Identify and capture additional sales opportunities in existing programs.
Key responsibilities include the following.
- Drive the planning, forecasting, dimensioning and optimizing of delivery based on business needs for key programs.
- Execute responsibility for on-time, on-budget delivery of services to scope, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Track and report project progress including timeline for key dependencies and milestones in order to hold project stakeholders accountable.
- Manage the process of change requests from customers - incorporating into plan or price / schedule as appropriate, overall ensuring integrity of the original business case.
- Lead project activities throughout the project lifecycle from pre-sales through analysis, architecture and solution design, planning and implementation including handover and final customer acceptance and sign-off.
- Evaluate and manage third party relationships as necessary to ensure project success.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will offer the following skills.
- At least five years’ experience driving large or complex projects in the telecommunications and/or systems integration space.
- Proven ability to translate customer requirements into a solution that Metaswitch can deliver.
- Existing, strong relationships within tier-1 communications service providers, especially the network engineering and operations teams.
- Excellent communication and consulting skills with the ability to engage at senior levels of client organizations and influence decision makers.
- Excellent leadership ability sufficient to drive and motivate teams in challenging and time-sensitive environments.
- An aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems.
- Flexibility and ability to play different technical, project management, and business roles as needed to ensure overall project success.
- Results oriented attitude - able to analyze problems and take a logical, objective, orderly approach to organizing work, making decisions and planning actions.
- High degree of commercial acumen, able to work closely with finance and sales team to ensure accurate bookings and revenue forecast, and identify cost savings in order to maintain or improve P&L against the original business case.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science, business or telecommunications discipline (MBA preferred.)
- Current PMP, PRINCE2, or alternative PM certification strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of business processes including tender and sale.
- Ability to perform work on-site at customer locations and engage with customer teams at all levels.
- Work in collaborative team settings with competitors and customers to achieve project goals.
The ideal candidate will reside in either Austin, Denver, Atlanta, Kansas, or Seattle, be available to work onsite at customer locations in the area and be able to travel, as required, to other customer locations within in the US.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
We want Metaswitch to be an awesome place to work and we know that when employees are trusted to manage their work/life balance, not only does it support their well-being, but increases their engagement and ultimately enables them to perform their role better. Metaswitch is pleased to take a flexible approach to working, and if you’re looking for some variability in your schedule, we encourage you to have this conversation with your interviewer!
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, please send
- a comprehensive resume
- a covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact Colleen Dietmeyer at the same address.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer AA M/F/Veteran/Disability.