The Project Manager role at Metaswitch
Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, constructively disrupting the way service providers build, scale, innovate, and account for communication services. Our award-winning solutions power more than 1,000 service provider networks.
We are looking to recruit a number of technical Project Managers to join our rapidly growing Belfast Centre of Excellence, and work with our customers to help deploy our solutions into their networks.
Successful candidates would be based in Belfast.
After an initial training period, the successful candidates will take full responsibility for the project management of initial engagements with new customers across the globe. This involves coordination of all Metaswitch resources to ensure the on-time, on-budget delivery of projects, driving a growing program of future business.
Key responsibilities include the following.
- Responsibility for on-time, on-budget delivery of services to scope, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Lead project activities from the initial implementation phase to handover and final customer acceptance and sign-off.
- Track and report project progress including timeline for key dependencies and milestones in order to hold project stakeholders accountable.
- Manage and motivate people across diverse geographies and reporting lines.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Identify and capture additional sales opportunities in existing programs.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills.
- At least 2 years’ experience driving projects in the telecommunications and/or IT infrastructure and / or systems integration spaces.
- An ability to absorb and understand technical information about the industry, the technology and the products being deployed.
- Superlative organisation skills, able to manage multiple projects in parallel keeping track of all deliverables, outstanding issues and risks.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage at senior levels of client organisations and influence decision makers to ensure project delivery.
- An aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems.
- Results oriented attitude - able to analyse problems and take a logical, objective, orderly approach to organizing work, making decisions and planning actions.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a science, business or telecommunications discipline.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team settings with colleagues and customers to achieve project goals.
Current Project Management certification (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2) would be a significant advantage.
Successful candidates will be based out of our Belfast office. Travel will not be a significant part of the job, but candidates may need to travel worldwide for periods of up to a week at short notice.
We will offer a very competitive starting package depending on the qualifications and experience of the person appointed.
All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organisation - along with one or two specials of our own. For example, our employees are offered private health insurance, a non-contributory pension at 7.5% and (after one year) the option to buy 10 extra days holiday each year. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We have team morale events with a very generous budget. Activities can vary from drinks, bowling or go-karting with your team mates, to a day or weekend away with a larger group.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for over 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organisation with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The interview process will be in two stages. The first will be an interview at an office in Belfast at which you will also be asked to complete a short aptitude exercise.
If you are successful, we will then invite you to a final assessment, where you will give a 15 minute presentation on a technical subject of your choice, and have an interview with the SVP, Support.
To apply for this position, please submit a comprehensive CV to our email address at email@example.com. If you have any further questions or queries please contact Jenny Wilkinson at the same address.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.