The Sales Engineer role
Metaswitch is seeking a full time Sales Engineer for Thailand. This role is suitable for experienced pre-sales telecoms engineers with experience selling to Tier-1 service providers in Thailand. Ideally the candidate has developed a healthy business social network in product management and testing lab environments in the service provider networks.
- Providing pre-sales support to the Sales Executive team
- Contributing to sales goals to meet divisional sales revenue goals.
- Presenting products and staffing booths at customer meetings, trade shows and trade conferences.
- Delivering technical and architectural responses to RFx documents.
- Participating in customer network design proposals.
- Documenting customer requirements and feedback to product management.
- A thorough understanding of voice and data networking technologies is essential
- Approximately 5 (or more) years experience in Telecoms Sales Engineering or equivalent position.
- Fixed (NGN and IMS) and Mobile (3G and VoLTE) voice network architecture and protocols
- Media Gateway and Media Server protocol interfaces in the NGN and IMS.
- Session Border Controllers
- Web 2.0 technologies (XML, SOAP, REST, etc).
- IP Networking Protocols such as TCP, DHCP, SMPP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, HTTP, FTP, etc.
- Network virtualization technology (hypervisors, NFV, orchestration, OpenStack, VMWare)
- Network Management: SNMP & network management platform.
The successful candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- Solid communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team, or independently
- The ability to interact with all levels of customer management
- A degree or equivalent qualification
- Ability to travel (moderate to extensive)
- Ability to coordinate multiple and simultaneous projects effectively
- Expert PC skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio and have the ability to effectively access and utilize internal and external websites.
Must be fluent in English and Thai.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
You will normally be asked to come for two visits. The first will involve an interview and a presentation in Hong Kong. If you are successful we will invite you to the second stage of the process, a full day session in our North London office to meet more people and to further assess your suitability for the role.
To apply for this position, please send a
- CV (including all academic grades)
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.