Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, constructively disrupting the way service providers build, scale, innovate, and account for communication services. Our award-winning solutions power more than 1,000 service provider and mobile operator networks.
As Metaswitch’s mobile operator base continues to grow worldwide, we are now expanding the expertise in our Customer Support team. We are looking to recruit a number of experienced Mobile Network Design Engineers to work with our customers to help design their VoLTE/VoWifi networks.
The successful candidate would ideally be based in the UK or the CALA region and must be willing to travel to customer sites.
After an initial training and ramp-up period, a successful candidate will
- design and deploy new Mobile/VoLTE/VoWifi networks for our Operator customers
- help create the Services package and Statement of Work needed for prospective opportunities in response to Operator RFPs or other opportunities identified by our Sales Team
- act as a Subject Matter Expert to assist other people within our Support organization
- troubleshoot interoperability issues with third party network elements
- occasionally assist with turn up of new services, and migration of existing services from legacy platforms
- provide feedback to our Engineering and Product Management teams
- frequently travel to customer sites, as part of these responsibilities.
The successful candidate will initially spend a period learning about our product set, but will then quickly be expected to play an active role in the support organisation working directly with our customers on large, complex projects that are vital to their business success.
For this position, we need someone who has
- prior technical experience working in the Mobile industry, either at a vendor or a service provider
- been involved in a project deploying VoLTE at an operator
- in-depth knowledge of IP Networking, switching, routing and Mobile (GSM/UMTS MSC and Evolved Packet Core and VoLTE/VoWifi along with the relevant 3GPP standards) networks.
- thorough knowledge of SIP, IMS architecture, CAMEL and MSC interworking.
- an aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience in the following areas and technologies are highly desirable
- leading BSS and OSS systems
- virtualization and NFVi
- experience dealing with Tier 1 operators
The Customer Support team
The Customer Support team is a vital part of the overall Metaswitch organisation. The team has played a key role in the successful deployment of Metaswitch equipment to provide next generation voice services in over 700 fixed line carriers’ and Mobile Operators’ networks worldwide. Our customers have consistently reported the exceptional quality of Metaswitch’s customer support as one of our key differentiators.
Your team will comprise of
- industry veterans with a vast range of experience in support
- engineers that previously worked in the product development team and in many cases wrote the software that they are now supporting.
The Customer Support team works closely with our customer base to assist them with design, implementation and troubleshooting of deployments involving a wide range of Metaswitch and partner products.
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
First, we’ll ask you to have a telephone interview with the hiring manager. We’ll then ask you to visit one of our offices to complete assessments and have interviews with members of the team. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and Metaswitch. It’s a big decision for both of us.
To apply for this position, please send a
- CV (including all academic grades)
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.