The Senior Network Engineer role
Metaswitch is a world leading producer of IP networking software as well as the leading Cloud Native communications provider. Our software forms the core of many network equipment vendors’ routers which route internet traffic across the globe.
We are looking for an experienced IP/MPLS network engineer to join our Networking Software development team, based in our Enfield office. The successful applicant will provide input from a user perspective on new features and help to test and refine them. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the function and usability of networking devices that are used by thousands of network engineers and administrators across the world.
We work in a fast paced, collaborative development environment using modern tools and techniques to reliably deliver the highest quality networking software in the world. You will be working as part of a specialist testing team, providing feedback on use cases, quality and raising issues that need to be addressed.
We’re incredibly proud of our company culture. We have a collaborative working environment where free and open dialog is welcomed, we avoid internal politics at all costs. Our aim is to seek out the better, faster and simpler solution, while supporting, challenging and developing each other.
We have a track record of developing people to become outstanding engineers and leaders. We are looking for someone with relevant experience as a network engineer who is excited about developing testing and software engineering skills. This role also provides an opportunity to learn network automation skills along with a broader set of technology used in cutting edge networking and software engineering.
- Collaborating with the development team to help shape requirements for new networking features.
- Hands on testing of cutting-edge networking function, advocating for the network engineers who will be its future users, and providing feedback.
- Designing and reviewing testing for new products and features, using a mix of exploratory and automated approaches.
- Using technologies such as Netconf, Python and Ansible to automate networks in a test environment.
- Taking an active part in improving the engineering process, and actively sharing knowledge with others.
- Previous experience as a Network Engineer.
- CCNA qualifications or equivalent.
- A thorough understanding of networking use cases.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with team-mates, and both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A passion for quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyse and debug problems in networking systems.
- Ability to comply with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensure the security of information at all times.
Desirable experience and capabilities include:
- Experience of networking in a Service Provider context.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience of testing products, systems or networks.
- Familiarity with Linux.
We are looking for exceptional people and your initial salary will reflect your exceptional skills and ability. Your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a substantial bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and challenging job in a well-managed and successful company. Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people and we demonstrate that in a number of ways including regular funded “morale events” from lunches or evenings out with your team to weekends away.
Every employee has a career development plan with no limitations on the direction your career will take within Metaswitch.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly. Firstly, you will have a telephone interview with one of the Engineering Managers. This will give you an opportunity to find out more about the role and find out whether you are suited to Metaswitch. If successful, you will then normally be asked to come in to one of our offices for a series of interviews.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
to our email address email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on 020 8366 1177.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.