At Metaswitch, as one of the world leaders in unified communications, we develop software products and solutions that underpin the service platforms of today and tomorrow. Our cloud-native virtual network functions are designed from the ground up to run on commodity hardware in private, public and hybrid clouds. This software powers the voice, data and unified communications services of fixed, mobile and converged operators worldwide.
Working as Senior Translation Engineer you will primarily work to build translations for North American Numbering Plan switching systems, while providing mentorship for more inexperienced engineers.
As a Senior Translation Engineer You will:
- Commission new soft switch configuration
- Build translations for new greenfield deployments
- Provide quarterly LERG update service
- Translations support service of an urgent matter
- L2/3 escalation and assist care when needed
- Documentation – Updating internal and customer facing documentation
To be successful you’ll have:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in a technology-related field
- Knowledge of PSTN networks, telecoms, Class 4 and 5 in the North American Numbering Plan
- Superlative organization skills, able to manage multiple projects in parallel keeping track of all deliverables, outstanding issues and risks
- Knowledge of trunking protocols: SS7, MF, PRI, SIP
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- An aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- Attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture
- Ability to mentor and support learning engineers
- Results oriented attitude - able to analyze problems and take a logical, objective, orderly approach to organizing work, making decisions and planning actions.
- Basic sense of project management: timelines, budgets, and responsibilities
- Experience in ensuring customer success
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science, business or telecommunications discipline.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team setting with colleagues and customers to achieve project goals.
- An understanding of IMS architecture is a plus