Software Engineer for Metaswitch
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our
culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and
leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives
around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand
in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more
through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the Metaswitch team that is at the leading edge of
5G and Networking?
- Full lifecycle software development of embedded solutions processing features: specification, high and
- low-level design work, coding, regression testing, performance testing, problem investigation, debugging
- and fixing.
- Working as part of an agile team to deliver complex features, ensuring our high carrier-grade quality bar is
- met and providing technical guidance to less experienced developers.
- Task estimation and progress tracking.
- In time, provide technical assistance to less experienced developers.
- Experience working in performance critical environments such as with embedded systems or the Linux
- Expertise in C and C++
- A strong background in Ethernet and IP networking
- Experience of Linux APIs (e.g. Netlink).
- Container virtualization (docker)
- Virtualization (KVM, ESX)
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the
country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
To apply click below and you will be re directed to the Microsoft Careers portal
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation,
protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.