The Customer Support team
The Customer Support team is a vital part of the overall Metaswitch organization. One of Metaswitch’s core values is to provide exceptional customer service and support, and our customers have consistently reported the exceptional quality of Metaswitch’s customer support as one of our key differentiators. Beyond the usual support options -- installation, commissioning and migration services, 24/7 maintenance support, training, and custom professional services -- Metaswitch brings an attitude that says our company’s success depends on our customers’ success. We have built an envied, world class support organization in support of that mantra.We are excited to announce that we are now expanding our support team in Northern Ireland and are searching for talented Support Engineering Managers/Technical Leads to continue our tradition of delivering top quality support to our customers.
This role will be responsible for managing or helping lead a team of Support Engineers who are responsible for delivering customer satisfaction by ensuring that our customers receive a high-quality, timely service, and an efficient, productive and motivated team. This involves
- taking ownership of all aspects of the team and its success, including full personnel responsibility for the team members.
- Providing technical leadership and mentoring to the team.
- Managing multi-phase, multi-product projects against committed timelines & handling team resource.
- Handling any escalations from engineers & customers, ensuring the team has a plan to contain and resolve the issue.
- Driving ongoing personal development, coaching and motivation for engineers.
- Increasing team productivity by ensuring the team has the support, tools, training and systems necessary to deliver excellent service efficiently.
For this position, we need someone who has
- strong technical leadership skills, including in high pressure situations
- raw smarts and strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- excellent communication skills, including in customer-facing situations
- strong interpersonal and people development skills
- a good understanding of the telecoms industry, ideally with knowledge of US telecoms
- lots of energy and drive
Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organisation - along with one or two specials of our own. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Please send a comprehensive CV to email@example.com. If you have any further questions or queries please contact Megan Hogan at the same email address.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.