Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, constructively disrupting the way in which service providers innovate, build and scale their communication services. Our award-winning solutions power the networks for over 1,000 service provider and mobile operators.
Roles and responsibilities
After an initial training period, successful candidates will work with customers as Care Engineers on a wide range of tasks, mentored by more experienced engineers.
Customer Care Engineering involves:
- Responding to critical incidents to ensure rapid restoration of service
- Resolving defects or configuration issues found in Metaswitch and partner equipment and software
- Assisting customers with maintenance activities, such as upgrades
- Working with customers to ensure the successful operation and high availability of voice services.
Successful candidates will be based in Mexico, and must be willing to travel to customer sites. Occasional travel will be required to other regions for conferences and meetings.
- An exceptional academic record, including a recognized degree in a Telecoms, IT, Computer Science, or Networking-related subject, with a CGPA equivalent of 3.5 or above
- 1-3 years of professional experience working with IP or voice technologies and Unix-based operating systems, preferably in a customer-facing role
- An aptitude for understanding and solving complex technical problems
- The ability and the desire to quickly and self-sufficiently acquire new technical knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including fluency in English
- Energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity.
We offer a highly competitive package that will reflect the experience of the individual.
- Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
- All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, as you would expect from a modern, well-managed organisation.
- The company operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We want Metaswitch to be an awesome place to work and we know that when employees are trusted to manage their work/life balance, not only does it support their well-being, but increases their engagement and ultimately enables them to perform their role better. Metaswitch is pleased to take a flexible approach to working, and if you’re looking for some variability in your schedule, we encourage you to have this conversation with your interviewer!
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organization with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, please submit a comprehensive resume (including all academic grades) to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.