The Professional Services team
Metaswitch is growing our Professional Services team, and we are looking for an exceptionally talented Program Manager to join the team with a focus on managing our Tier 1 customer segment in North America.
The Professional Services team has played a key role in the successful deployment of Metaswitch equipment to provide next generation voice services in over 700 carriers’ networks. Our customers have consistently reported the exceptional quality of Metaswitch’s customer support as one of our key differentiators.
The team is comprised of a combination of
- industry veterans with a vast range of experience in support services
- engineers who previously worked in the product development team and in many cases wrote the software that they are now supporting.
The Professional Services team works closely with our customer base to assist them with design, implementation and troubleshooting of deployments involving a wide range of Metaswitch and partner products.
After an initial training period, the successful candidate will take full responsibility for the program management of our engagements with a set of Tier1 accounts. This involves coordination of all Metaswitch resources to ensure the on-time, on-budget delivery of projects, driving a growing program of future business.
Key responsibilities include the following.
- Drive the planning, forecasting, dimensioning and optimizing of delivery based on business needs for particular programs.
- Execute responsibility for on-time, on-budget delivery of services to scope, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Track and report project progress including timeline for key dependencies and milestones in order to hold project stakeholders accountable.
- Manage the process of change requests from customers - incorporating into plan or price / schedule as appropriate, overall ensuring integrity of the original business case.
- Lead project activities throughout the project lifecycle from pre-sales through analysis, architecture and solution design, planning and implementation including handover and final customer acceptance and sign-off.
- Manage and motivate people across both pre-sales and fulfillment functions, across diverse geographies and reporting lines.
- Evaluate and manage third party relationships as necessary to ensure project success.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Identify and capture additional sales opportunities in existing programs.
- Experience of driving large or complex projects in the telecommunications and/or systems integration space.
- Proven ability to translate customer requirements into a solution that Metaswitch can deliver.
- Existing, strong relationships within Tier-1 communications service providers, especially network engineering and operations teams.
- Excellent communication and consulting skills with the ability to engage at senior levels of client organizations and influence decision makers.
- Excellent leadership ability sufficient to drive and motivate teams in challenging and time-sensitive environments.
- An aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems.
- Flexibility and ability to play different technical, project management and business roles as needed to ensure overall project success.
- Results oriented attitude - able to analyze problems and take a logical, objective, orderly approach to organizing work, making decisions and planning actions.
- High degree of commercial acumen, able to work closely with finance and sales team to ensure accurate bookings and revenue forecast, and identify cost savings in order to maintain or improve P&L against the original business case.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a science, business or telecommunications discipline, MBA preferred.
- Current PMP, PRINCE2, or alternative PM certification strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of business processes including tender and sale.
- Ability to perform work on-site at customer locations and engage with customer teams at all levels.
- Work in collaborative team settings with competitors and customers to achieve project goals.
The ideal candidate will be located in one of Denver, Dallas, or Atlanta and the role will require travel within the US approx. 40% is typically expected. Trips of one or more nights per week are typical, long durations such as 2 weeks are not frequent
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer AA M/F/Veteran/Disability.