Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, constructively disrupting the way in which service providers innovate, build and scale their communication services. Our award-winning solutions power the networks for over 1,000 service provider and mobile operators.
Roles and responsibilities
After an initial training period, successful candidates will work with customers as Customer Care Engineers on a wide range of tasks.
Customer Care Engineering involves:
- Responding to critical incidents to ensure rapid restoration of service
- Resolving defects or configuration issues found in Metaswitch and partner equipment and software
- Assisting customers with maintenance activities, such as upgrades
- Working with customers to ensure the successful operation and high availability of voice services.
The Technical Support Engineer must act with a high degree of autonomy, combining deep technical expertise with strong analytical reasoning to make sound decisions and provide reliable guidance to our customers. The Technical Support Engineer’s primary internal interfaces are with Project Managers and L3 Engineering.
Successful candidates will be based in Mexico City, and must be willing to travel to customer sites. Occasional travel will be required for conferences and meetings.
- Strong English skills
- A recognized degree in a Telecoms, IT, Computer Science, or Networking-related subject
- 5+ years of experience working in the Telecoms industry in roles such as Technical Support Engineer, Level 3 Engineer, Systems Engineer, preferably in a vendor or voice service provider environment. Previous experience working with Affirmed or Azure highly desirable.
- Strong technical skills and deep knowledge of IP, VOIP protocols (SIP), and troubleshooting communications networks
- Experience working with VoLTE networks and 5G technologyThe ability to gather and analyse information to clarify issues or make decisions
- An aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- Energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- The ability and the desire to quickly and self-sufficiently acquire new technical knowledge
- An interest in carrier grade communications software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Application and Selection
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, please submit a comprehensive resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.