VNF Manager integrates with a network operator’s operational toolchain – at any level – by exposing simple and consistent APIs for lifecycle operations for all Metaswitch virtualized network functions (VNFs), and adapts as MANO systems are refined and evolved.
VNF Manager combines Metaswitch Deployment Manager with Cloudify to provide network operators with easy, day-one operation of Metaswitch’s cloud native solutions and integrates Metaswitch VNFs into ETSI MANO-based operational systems.
Optionally, Metaswitch can also deliver generic VNF management and MANO tools for non-Metaswitch VNFs or provide a standalone version of Metaswitch Deployment Manager (without Cloudify), which provides comprehensive APIs enabling direct integration with MANO systems, which might be required if a network operator deploys a single Generic VNFM (VNFM-G) for all VNFs.
- Supports all Metaswitch VNFs
- Automation for all lifecycle operations:instantiation, healing, upgrade, scale out / scale in
- Error-free instantiation, healing and upgrade, which ensures correct geo-distributed VNF location, correct database cluster quorum per-site, and predictable failover behaviour
- Scales to any size of Metaswitch VNF network deployment
- Supports automated elastic scaling or manual push-button control
- APIs for direct integration with MANO stack at any level
- Optional expansion as VNFM-G for non-Metaswitch VNFs, or complete MANO toolchain
- Available for Openstack and VMware VM-based deployments or for Kubernetes orchestrated container-based NFV