At the core of every Metaswitch network, the MetaView Network Management System (NMS) provides unified management with an easy-to-use graphical user interface.
Providing a consolidated window into the entire Metaswitch product range, including MetaSphere, CommPortal, Universal Media Gateway and Media Resource Server, MetaView significantly enhances your ability to reduce operational costs even as you introduce compelling new services into your network.
MetaView NMS simplifies the management of your network through close integration with all members of the MetaView family. Family members include:
- MetaView Web – An intuitive web-based subscriber-management suite, specifically designed around the needs of your provisioning and customer support staff.
- MetaView Explorer – A powerful Java-based client that significantly enhances your ability to reduce operational costs even as you introduce compelling new services into your network.
- Service Assurance Server – Advanced diagnostics platform that helps your technicians to diagnose many common configuration, network and interoperability problems, saving you time and money.
- Voice Quality Monitoring – Network-based system for monitoring the quality of calls traversing your VoIP network that enables you to more easily diagnose the cause and remedy for quality issues.
- SIP Provisioning Server – A revolutionary multi-tiered approach to the provisioning and management of subscriber SIP devices.
Powerful Management Tools
At the core of every Metaswitch network, the MetaView NMS provides provisioning, configuration, fault reporting, statistics and trouble-shooting services across the entire Metaswitch product range. Designed to help you minimize your operational costs, MetaView offers management capabilities that are powerful and intuitive. It offers a choice of user interfaces and a number of unique capabilities that address the particular challenges of trouble-shooting, device configuration and service quality control:
- Provisioning and Configuration – MetaView supports different provisioning practices, via MetaView’s own user interfaces – MetaView Explorer and MetaView Web – or through integration with an Operations Support System, using MetaView APIs.
- Problem Management – MetaView manages alarms and logs and supports integration with external alarm monitoring systems using standard protocols.
- Accounting – MetaView stores statistics in an open database (enabling you to perform your own custom analysis) and outputs billing data in industry-standard formats.
- Security – MetaView manages user login credentials and privileges and records audit trails of all configuration changes, providing a secure and customizable framework for access control and management.
The MetaView platform is based on a three-tier architecture, comprising
- the network elements being managed
- the MetaView Server, an aggregation entity which manages the multiple network elements. MetaView Server presents an upstream SNMP/Corba interface to MetaView Explorer, MetaView Web clients and third-party OSS, billing, and network monitoring platforms such as IBM Tivoli Netcool.
- the MetaView clients, including Metaview Explorer and MetaView Web.
In addition, the platform enables your subscribers to self-select and initiate new services via the CommPortal™ Web interface. To assist you in supporting customers using CommPortal, a service provider login feature allows your customer service representatives to access and modify CommPortal settings on behalf of a subscriber.
Integration and Billing
MetaView can be readily integrated into third-party OSS, billing and network management systems via
- SNMP MIBs
- a Corba programming interface encapsulating the underlying SNMP MIBs
- a northbound SOAP/XML interface.
External billing / mediation systems are easily integrated since the MetaSphere Application Server generates industry-standard AMA-format (GR-1100 / GR-1343) Call Detail Records, accessed by secure ftp.
Presenting a familiar web-style interface accessible through most widely-deployed web browsers, MetaView Web™ brings together all configurations of subscribers and their customer premises equipment, and provides full integration with MetaSphere voice applications.MetaView Web contains two major interfaces, recognizing the varying needs of your operational and support staff. )))
MetaView Explorer is a Java-based client that significantly enhances your ability to reduce operational costs even as you introduce compelling new services into your network. As powerful in its management capabilities as it is intuitive, MetaView Explorer provides provisioning, configuration, fault reporting, statistics and trouble shooting services across the entire Metaswitch product range, including MetaSphere, CommPortal, Universal Media Gateway and Media Resource Server. )))
MetaView Service Assurance Server™ tracks and stores detailed diagnostics for all calls, over all protocols, all the time. These detailed call traces enable your technicians to diagnose many common configuration, network and interoperability problems, saving you time and money. )))
Consistent, high quality voice is the key to maintaining customer satisfaction. However, media quality in VoIP networks can suffer degradation from various factors such as faulty routers or the overloading of certain links. Chances are, in the past, a dissatisfied customer call was often your first indication that something was amiss. Today, Metaswitch offers a superior alternative: MetaView Voice Quality Monitoring.™ )))
IP office phones and other SIP-based communication devices offer unparalleled flexibility and value. However, broad adoption creates significant provisioning and support challenges for your support staff. )))
Robust preventative measures go a long way, but one weak link can open the door to fraud. From a stolen handset to successful password phishing, you and your subscribers need an additional layer of protection.Experienced criminals exploit advanced services )))